You’ve Gotta Have Friends is a grass roots initiative that aims to involve all citizens in creating welcoming communities where everyone belongs.
Loneliness and isolation are critical issues for many people. We help to break down barriers that keep people from experiencing a rich and rewarding life by:
· Intentionally noticing and mobilizing the gifts of individuals and community groups
· Helping citizens to engage in new ways of building relationships
· Empowering change and inspiring action towards an inclusive community
· Helping people find socially valued roles in the community
· Participating in events that raise awareness about the importance of belonging
· Convening conversations that matter
You’ve Gotta Have Friends brings people together in a variety of ways to share their experiences and to create connections. We believe community belongs to the people
and that it takes every citizen to create strong and welcoming neighbourhoods.
You’ve Gotta Have Friends is sponsored by:
· United Way of the Lower Mainland
· Langley Association for Community Living
· Donations from Langley citizens
· Community Chest Fund
HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS
show up | behave according to group norms | participate | treat others with respect | stay engaged | adjust your own agenda as needed | be positive
Office ~ McBurney Plaza, 20510
Fraser Highway, Langley, BC
Make an appointment ~ phone 604-533-6546 or email [email protected]
I`m your best ambassador!
I tell all my friends and the
people I meet about You've
Gotta Have Friends.
to You've Gotta
Langley is a welcoming community
where everyone embraces a sense of belonging,
cares for each other, connects through
friendship and has fun.
About What We Do
Watch our video to learn how we support people to build relationships
in the Langley community.
The 2018 Community Builder Awards took place at YGHF’s annual Christmas Party. The awards recognize individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations who demonstrate and inspire inclusion, build relationships and contribute to the Langley community in a meaningful way. Learn about the 2018 award recipients here.
TED and Talk 2019
February 28 and March 28 at the YGHF office in Langley. Join us. Coffee will be on!
FRIENDSHIP MIXER 2019
March 14 from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the YGHF office. Meet kindred spirits in a social atmosphere.