You’ve Gotta Have Friends is a grass roots initiative that aims to involve all citizens in creating welcoming communities where everyone belongs. Loneliness and isolation are critical issues for many people. We help to break down barriers that keep people from experiencing a rich and rewarding life by:
· Intentionally noticing and mobilizing the gifts of individuals and community groups
· Helping citizens to engage in new ways of building relationships
· Empowering change and inspiring action towards an inclusive community
· Helping people find socially valued roles in the community
· Participating in events that raise awareness about the importance of belonging
· Convening conversations that matter
You’ve Gotta Have Friends brings people together in a variety of ways to share their experiences and to create connections. We believe community belongs to the people
and that it takes every citizen to create strong and welcoming neighbourhoods.
You’ve Gotta Have Friends is sponsored by:
· United Way of the Lower Mainland
· Langley Association for Community Living
· Donations from Langley citizens
· Community Chest Fund
is a welcoming
community where everyone embraces a sense of belonging, cares for each other, connects through friendship, and has fun.
HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS
show up | behave according to group norms | participate | treat others with respect | stay engaged | adjust your agenda as needed | be positive
Conference and Celebration - Join Us!
Friday, September 16, 2016 - 8:30 AM - Cascades Hotel and Convention Centre - 20393 Fraser Highway, Langley, BC.
Keynote speaker, well known activist Jim Diers, will explore the value
of enhancing and creating safe, warm and inclusive communities. How does neighbourhood building enhance your business or organization? What do civic leaders need to pay attention to when creating strategies for happier, safer, more engaged communities?
This conference will bring together community members, government officials, social services agencies, and business and financial agencies to explore actions that can be taken to build our communities. Plan on great information, fun and action planning! REGISTER for the conference at this link.
Office ~ McBurney Plaza, 20510
Fraser Highway, Langley, BC
Make an appointment ~ phone 604-533-6546 or email email@example.com
I`m your best ambassador!
I tell all my friends and the
people I meet about You've
Gotta Have Friends.
You’ve Gotta Have Friends